In the ever-changing era, various software technologies have all been updated to the latest version. It’s not strange that you want to change your smartphone to a new model to keep up with the modern era. But what do you do with an older iPhone? This might be a problem you can’t think of. If you want to buy a new iPhone, it’s as simple as walking into the center. and make a change from the old iPhone to the new one which must be under the conditions set by the center Then the center will evaluate the price according to the condition of the machine. But if you don’t want to buy a new iPhone, you just need the money you made from selling your old iPhone to pay for something else. Here are some tips from us that you need to know before you sell your old iPhone.
Things to do before selling your iPhone
1. Disconnect Apple Watch
Before selling, you must first cancel the device associated with this iPhone. By this we mean Apple Watch. It’s not difficult to cancel, just keep your iPhone and Apple Watch close together, then open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and press Unpair with Apple Watch.
2. Back up your iPhone.
Before selling your old iPhone, you’ll want to ensure that all personal data has been removed from the device. However, before you delete anything, you should back it up. If you have an iCloud account, you can do so by connecting to Wi-Fi, going to Settings | iCloud | iCloud Backup and tapping Back Up Now. All your data is stored on your current Apple ID. You can do this with iTunes by connecting your phone to your computer and clicking Backup.
3. Log out of your Apple account.
Whether it’s iCloud and the iTunes Store and App Store, go to Settings > [your name] > Sign Out > enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off. Or, if you’re using an older version of iOS, Settings > iCloud > Sign Out > Tap Sign Out Again > Enter your Apple ID password > Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign out of Facebook, LINE, Google, and Mail.
4. Reset iPhone to Factory Default
Go to Settings | General | Reset | Erase All Settings and Content. When the pop-up appears, tap Delete. and enter your Apple ID password when confirmed. The device will begin erasing all your data. before rebooting and restarting again as if it was a new device.
What you need to prepare before selling your iPhone online
- Keep the device as new as possible.
- Gather various information such as model, color, memory, these are necessary information to sell products.
- Take pictures of the device, keep it from many angles, as many photos as possible. Because sometimes customers want to see more pictures in other parts. If anywhere there is a flaw, the more you need to take a picture In order to tell customers about the defects of the product, it will not deceive or take advantage of each other.
- Gather all the accessories that came with your iPhone when we first bought it: adapters, cables, chargers, headphones, everything must be genuine. (Should not dye the cat), whichever is missing or damaged, the details are clearly stated.
- The phone cases that we bought and kept, were not used as gifts to attract customers’ attention, it’s not a bad idea. Unless you want to continue selling your phone case. You can skip this one.